To understand the importance of yoga we must also learn about the Story of Kaliyug. But let’s begin our journey on understanding what are the main components of a Yogis Dharma. It’s sometimes represented symbolically as a bull having Four legs. The reason to chose the bull is it’s nature if never giving giving up and always working, along with the association with Bhagwan shiv ji, hence it’s Dharma has been personified as a Bull. Each leg represents one unique feature for Dharma to Strive.
1) Tapasya = Austerity
2) Shauch = Purity
3) Daya = Kindness
4) Satya = Truth
तपः शौचं दया सत्यं इति पादाः कृते कृताः |
अधर्मांशैस्त्रयो भग्नाः स्मयसङ्गमदैस्तव ||
During Satya Yuga, the bull of Dharma stands on all its four legs. As time passes and the Yugas change, one by one the legs are weakened and lost.
As we enter Treta Yuga, tapasya vanishes, this means that darkness has entered 25% of this world.
In Dwapara Yuga, Shauch is lost. This also means the world is now left with only half the population which is embodied in higher pursuits and remains pure at heart.
And in Kali Yuga, Dharma is left crippled only on one leg, and by the end of the yoga in ghor kaliyug even satya is lost. This also means that the majority of the world that is 75% lives in their ego and seeks sensual pleasure rather than devote life to higher purposes.
We are now in kaliyug, it is an age where every step we take can either be towards god or towards our own demise. We must chose our steps carefully and force ourself to create habits which brings us closer to the supreme shiv consciousness.
Due to the powerful influence of Kali Yuga, truth will steadily get eroded as the dark age progresses. As long as you are alive, learn to bring back the virtues which are the flag bearers of dharma, walk the path of truth, for it is said that the beauty of shiva is experienced only through truth “Satyam-Shivam-Sundaram”
Lasting for 432,000 years (1,200 divine years), Kali Yuga began 5,124 years ago and has 426,876 years left as of 2023 CE. Kali Yuga will end in the year 428,899 CE.
Now if we were to accept kaliyug is supposed to be having a life of 100 years, it means each 1 year of kaliyug is equal to 4,320 years human years, meaning as of today kaliyug is roughly about 1 year and 2 months (approximately).
This means kaliyug is only like an unaware child whose just entered this world. Now imagine the situation if the world today, take a moment to measure the extent of all the ongoing problems, combine each and everyone of them, this is what an unaware child who is just born is doing.
Now if this is the chaotic madness it can cause in its unaware state, what will happen when it becomes aware, what will happen when it enters its teen, what will happen when it becomes young and strong and what will happen when it’s old and doesn’t want to let go of it’s life.
Here are some shocking predictions about Kaliyug:
- In Kali Yuga, wealth alone will be considered the sign of a man’s good birth, proper behaviour and fine qualities. And law and justice will be applied only on the basis of one’s power.
- Men and women will live together merely because of superficial attraction, and success in business will depend on deceit. Womanliness and manliness will be judged according to one’s expertise in sex, and a man will be known as a brahmana just by his wearing a thread.
- As the earth thus becomes crowded with a corrupt population, whoever among any of the social classes shows himself to be the strongest will gain political power.
- The citizens will suffer greatly from cold, wind, heat, rain and snow. They will be further tormented by quarrels, hunger, thirst, disease and severe anxiety.
- Men will no longer protect their elderly parents.
- Cities will be dominated by thieves, the Vedas will be contaminated by speculative interpretations of atheists, political leaders will virtually consume the citizens, and the so-called priests and intellectuals will be devotees of their bellies and genitals.
- Servants will abandon a master who has lost his wealth, even if that master is a saintly person of exemplary character. Masters will abandon an incapacitated servant, even if that servant has been in the family for generations.
- In Kali-yuga men will develop hatred for each other even over a few coins. Giving up all friendly relations, they will be ready to lose their own lives and kill even their own relatives.
- Uncultured men will accept charity on behalf of the Lord and will earn their livelihood by making a show of austerity and wearing a mendicant’s dress. Those who know nothing about religion will mount a high seat and presume to speak on religious principles.
- The maximum duration of life for human beings in Kali Yuga will become 50 years.
- Religion, truthfulness, cleanliness, tolerance, mercy, duration of life, physical strength and memory will all diminish day by day because of the powerful influence of the age of Kali.
This is why I keep on insisting, chanta the maha mantra OM NAMAH SHIVAY, spend time in seeking wisdom, do yoga asanas, meditate, self reflect, focus on your yogic sadhana, seek moksh and get out of here. The times are dark, it’s impact in you is dark, doing things isn’t easy and getting out isn’t easy, but it’s not impossible either.
Through your sheer willpower, having faith in the suspense shiv consciousness, break the chains of the maya and enter the light, it might seem tough, but ask yourself, what’s tougher, to remain here and go through endless suffering or to put some efforts and achieve moksh.